Download Tutorial Try Django 1.10 | Create a URL Shortening Service
Try Django 1.10 is an introduction to Django version 1.10 by creating a simple, yet robust, URL Shortening Service. This series covers a variety of Django basics as well as Django 1.10 specific material.
Generally the topics will include:
– How we made the Kirr url shortening service
– Django Project Setup
– Class Based Views (& some Function Based Views)
– Models, Model Forms, Forms, Form Validation
– Overriding Model Save Method
– Launching on a Live Server (via Heroku)
– Custom Validation directly on Django Fields
– And More
What Technology you’ll learn in the Build a Try Django 1.10 URL Shortening series:
— Django Framework (version 1.10): a powerful backend framework used by top sites like Instagram and Pinterest. Django makes it easier to have a powerful web application to use for all types of projects. Django is written in Python (and is one of the most popular Python libraries in the world).
— Bootstrap (version 3.3): a powerful front-end framework used by thousands of sites around the world. Bootstrap makes it easier to have a responsive web application so it looks awesome on any mobile device and any desktop computer.
— Python 3: One of the top programming languages in the world. Powerful enough for the experts, easy enough for beginners. Why? It uses spaces and line breaks with minimal special characters (like [email protected]#$;*) which means it’s closer to English than most programming languages.
All of our tutorials have a simple goal in mind: get you building something real and quickly through step-by-step training.
- Anyone Interested in learn to code
- Python-ers and people looking to learn Django
- Anyone who wants to build web applications since we go step-by-step
- Do you want to be a part of the future? Learn to code and this course will get you on that path