Build a real world web app with Python, Flask and Docker. Learn to accept payments with Stripe and so much more.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn by taking my course:
- Learn how to use Docker to “Dockerize” a web application
- Learn what Flask is and how to use its features in your applications
- Learn how to create a Python 2 and 3 compatible code base
- Learn how to use PostgreSQL, Redis and Celery with Flask
- Create a full blown user management system
- Create a flexible custom admin interface
- Accept both recurring and microtransaction credit card payments
- Deal with both HTML template and JSON responses
- Logging, middleware and error handling
- Database migrations and internationalization (i18n)
“I have been working with Flask for the past 3 years and have been a technical reviewer on the Mastering Flask Packt book, even so, I am learning so much form you! – Pedro B.”
What makes Flask awesome?
- Based on one of the most popular computer languages in the world (Python)
- Minimalistic and easy to get started
- Lightning fast (Pinterest’s API serves 12+ billion requests / day with Flask)
- Vibrant community and ecosystem (hundreds of high quality extensions)
- Profitable for freelancing and consulting
Why is Docker worth using?
- Saves you from a ton of headaches when setting up development environments
- Easily move an application across environments or servers
- Prevents issues such as “well, it worked on my machine!”
- Makes developing with teams a much more pleasant experience
- You won’t need expensive hosting to deploy your web applications
You won’t just become a Flask master by taking my course but you’ll also gain the confidence in developing web applications so that you can command the hourly rates you deserve as a software developer.
This could be done through increasing your rates as a freelancer or negotiating a higher salary at your job. In my years working as a consultant and talking to a lot of developers, I discovered that most developers are not confident in their ability to fulfill work that is requested of them.
Created by Nick Janetakis
Last updated 3/2018
Size: 1.51 GB