The Power of Linux Is In The Commands Combined With Switches And Other Commands.
Learn to use the basic commands in Bash Shell. Performing different tasks using different commands. Using file related commands, directories, searching the system, and troubleshooting your internet connection, and much more.
The course will cover the use of pipe to filter the output, and some of the switches used to add functionality for basic commands.
Using Linux command line has many advantages:
The power of Linux appears in shell commands. What you can achieve using these commands can not be accomplished using the graphical user interface all the time. Although the Linux GUI has been improved over the years, its functionality is still lacking in many aspects.
Also, using the commands to perform tasks is much easier and faster than trying to find the corresponding GUI icon or software.
Using the shell commands is the only way to perform complex tasks when you are working with server administration, such as: web server, email server, DNS server and other servers.
Using command reduces the time and effort to search GUI for programs that does the same simple tasks.
You can increase the power and complexity of a task by combining commands together to produce a certain output or result.
The commands in Linux Bash Shell allow the user to perform tasks that can not be done efficiently. For example, if you need to check connectivity to a website, you type in the command: ping with the URL for example.
If you want to do this task without using the shell commands, you have to search for a program, install it and use the GUI of that program.
– Some File and Directory Commands
– User-Related Commands And Package Installation
– System Resources Commands
– Getting Help About Commands
– Searching and Filtering Screen Output
– Using the “history”, “find” or “tree” Commands
– File Permission: “Read”, “Write”, and “Execute”, and The Numeric Representation
– Using Vim To Edit A Text File
– Networking And Internet Related Commands
– Linux File System Structure / Path To Directories And Files
– Introduction To Shell Scripting
– Linux Server Installation and Remote SSH Setup
English Name: Udemy Learn To Use Linux Command Line In Bash Shell
Name Persian: Teaching Using Linux Command Line Commands
Instructional Language: English
Moderator: George K Chamoun
Level of Education :, Secondary
Training Time: 3 Clock + 30 minutes
File Size: 2390 MB
Download Free Tutorial