Download Tutorial Advanced Algorithms in Java
This course is about advanced algorithms focusing on graph traversal, shortest path problems, spanning trees and maximum flow problems and a lots of its applications from Google Web Crawler to taking advantage of stock market arbitrage situations.
- the basic graph traversal algorithm
- breadth-first search algorithm
- depth-first search algorithm
- shortest path algorithms
- Dijkstra’s algorithm
- Bellman-Ford algorithm
- what are spanning trees
- union find data structures
- Kruskal’s algorithm
- Prim’s algorithm
- what are strongly connected components
- Kosaraju algorithm
- Tarjan algorithm
- the famous maximum flow problem
- how to reduce most of the hard problems to maximum flow problem
- Ford-Fulkerson algorithm
- bipartite matching problem
- travelling salesman problem (TSP)
- how to deal with NP-hard problems
- using meta-heuristics: tabu search and simulated annealing
The course is going to take approximately 10 hours to completely but I highly suggest you typing these algorithms out several times in order to get a good grasp of it. You can download the source code of the whole course at the last lecture.
You should definitely take this course if you are interested in advanced topics concerning algorithms. There are a bunch of fields where these methods can be used: from software engineering to scientific research.
Thanks for joining the course, let’s get started!
- This course is meant for everyone from scientists to software developers who want to get closer to algorithmic thinking in the main